Headway Tyneside is teaming up with a yoga instructor to deliver two free taster sessions for our members
Headway Tyneside is looking for people to participate in two yoga classes in North Shields. We are keen to introduce yoga to our regular events for members, and are running these sessions to gauge interest and get feedback from those who attend.
From these classes you can expect a warm welcome, a smile, a knowledgeable instructor, and plenty of adaptations for those who need it.
Each class will have a theme. We will flow gently through some interesting shapes, strengthening and balance poses, a little stretch and finish with some quiet reflection.
When: 11-12pm Friday March 1st and Friday March 8th
Where: Bede Function Room, Linskill Centre North Shields, NE30 2AY
Please email Ellie to express your interest in these sessions and book your place.
To take part:
- You should be able to stand unaided
- You should be able to get on and off the floor with relative ease (using a block or chair as required).
- Some prior knowledge of yoga is preferred but certainly not essential
- Hayley will ask about your health conditions and whether you have any specific challenges to your movement
- Yoga mats are available to borrow however please bring your own if you have one
- Dress in comfortable clothing that doesn’t restrict your movement
- Please share your thoughts and feedback with Headway Tyneside to help us develop these sessions
About the instructor
Hayley is an NHS physiotherapist with over 15 years experience, 10 of which specialising in neurological conditions such as brain injury, stroke and multiple sclerosis. Last year she completed 200 hours of yoga teacher training with the Newcastle School of Yoga. As a ‘yogi’ herself she thought the benefits would be transferable to her neurological client group. Hayley has worked with Jasmine Yoga Tynemouth and Live Well With Cancer, a North Shields charity and is keen to partner with Headway Tyneside to benefit her local community.